Cajun Potato Gratin
Potatoes au gratin made with cajun spice for an additional kick of taste! The cajun seasoning simply appears to go so effectively with potatoes and cheese. It makes them further particular! I’d dare to say au gratin potatoes are higher than even the perfect mashed potatoes — and so they’re simpler to make too!
Whether or not you’re trying to up your vacation facet dish recreation, or just for a comforting and indulgent strategy to spruce up your subsequent dinner!!
* 5-6 Yukon Gold potatoes
* 1 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 shallot minced
* 1 tbsp garlic minced
* 1 jalapeño, chopped (optionally available)
* 2 tsp Cajun seasoning
* 1 cup heavy cream
* 1 cup shredded Ghost pepper jack cheese
* 1/Four cup parmesan cheese
* salt and freshly floor pepper
* 1 tbsp Contemporary thyme and extra for garnish
* Preheat an oven to 375°F. Grease shallow baking dish with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
* Utilizing a mandoline, lower the potatoes into slices, 1/eight inch thick. Prepare the potato slices, barely overlapping, on the underside of the baking dish and season with salt and pepper.
* In a skillet warmth olive oil. Add shallots and garlic and sauté till 4-5 minutes. Add chopped jalapeño, cajun seasoning and recent thyme and let it prepare dinner for one more minute. Add cream and produce to a simmer. Simmer till couple of minutes ensuring to stir to stop sticking. Stir in 3/Four cup of the ghost pepper jack cheese and parmesan and prepare dinner till melted. Take away the combination from the warmth. Season with salt and pepper.
* Pour the cream combination evenly on prime of the potatoes and sprinkle the remaining 1/Four cup of cheese evenly on prime.
* Bake till the combination is golden brown bubbly and the potatoes are tender, about 45-50 min. Let the gratin relaxation for about 15 minutes. Garnish with thyme and serve instantly.