Southwest Quinoa Enchilada Casserole
For those who love the style of enchiladas, then you will need to do that protein packed casserole. Quinoa, black beans, corn, veggies topped with a enchilada sauce and tacky goodness! This Mexican type quinoa is a wholesome and scrumptious meal that may develop into a staple at your own home.
Someday I take advantage of instantaneous mexican rice packet as a substitute of quinoa. It may be served by itself for a essential dish or as a aspect dish with tacos, burritos or fajitas.
* 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
* 1 (10-ounce) oldelpaso can Enchilada sauce
* 1 tbsp oil
* 1 onion, chopped
* 1 tbsp minced garlic
* 2 jalapeño, chopped
* 3/Four cup corn kernels, frozen
* 1 can black beans
* 1 purple bell peppers, chopped
* 1/Four cup chopped recent cilantro
* 1 tsp cumin
* 1 tsp chili powder
* 2 tbsp taco seasoning
* Salt per style
* 1 half of cup shredded Mexican cheese, divided
* 1 avocado, peeled and diced for garnish
* 2 inexperienced onion, chopped for garnish
* Rinse quinoa totally and cook dinner quinoa in response to bundle directions; as soon as cooked put aside.
* Imply whereas, In a big skillet, warmth the olive oil over medium-high warmth. Add the onion, garlic, and jalapeño. Sauté till softened, about Three minutes. Add within the peppers and corn and black beans. Cook dinner for about 3-Four minutes.
* Add chili powder, cumin powder, taco seasoning, salt and cilantro. Flip off the range and add cooked quinoa, half of cup shredded cheese and stir to mix.
* In a baking add sautéed vegetable/beans/ quinoa combination. Pour within the enchilada sauce and stir.
* Prime with remaining shredded cheese. Cowl the pan with foil. Bake for 20 minutes, in a pre-heated 375 f oven.
* Take away foil and bake a further 5-10 minutes, or till the cheese is melted and edges are effervescent. Take away from the oven, and let it set.
* Garnish with toppings, and serve heat.