Southwest Quinoa Enchilada
This Mexican fashion quinoa bake is a wholesome and scrumptious meal that may turn out to be a staple at your home. Someday I take advantage of immediate mexican rice packet as an alternative of quinoa. It may be served by itself for a most important dish or as a facet dish with tacos or fajitas.
* 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
* 1 (10-ounce) can Enchilada sauce
* 1 tbsp oil
* 1 onion, chopped
* 1 tbsp minced garlic
* 2 jalapeño, chopped
* 3/Four cup corn kernels, frozen
* 1 can black beans
* 1 can Rotel tomato
* 1 purple bell peppers, chopped
* 1/Four cup chopped recent cilantro
* 1 tsp cumin
* 1 tsp chili powder
* 2 tbsp taco seasoning
* Salt per style
* 1 half cup shredded Mexican mix cheese, divided
* 1 avocado, peeled and diced for garnish
* 2 inexperienced onion, chopped for garnish
* Rinse quinoa completely and in a big saucepan of two cups water, cook dinner quinoa in accordance with package deal directions; put aside.
* Imply whereas, In a big skillet, warmth the tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high warmth. Add the onion, garlic, and jalapeño. Sauté till softened, about Three minutes. Add within the peppers and corn, black beans and canned tomatoes. Cook dinner for about 3-Four minutes.
* Add chili powder, cumin powder, taco seasoning, salt and cilantro. Stir to mix.
* In a baking dish mix cooked quinoa, sautéed vegetable/beans combination and half cup shredded cheese, and stir. Pour within the enchilada sauce and stir the whole lot and make it even layer.
* Prime with remaining shredded cheese. Cowl the pan with foil. Bake for 20 minutes, in a pre-heated 375 f oven.
* Take away foil and bake an extra 5 minutes, or till the cheese is melted and edges are effervescent. Take away from the oven, and let it set.
* Garnish with toppings, and serve heat.